Monday, January 3, 2011

Thinking...

About becoming a natural, bare-footed, mustang trimming hoof trimmer. Since Siaga has such a problem with farriers, I think it would be interesting to see if he would be ok with me trimming his feet. I've always had an interest in the business of farriers, but I don't like the idea of shoes, and yes, I firmly believe that horses should go barefooted.

Siaga has never had his hoofies shod, and I intend on keeping it that way. :)

I've been reading about the process of natural trimming and the mustang roll and it seems simple enough, but I'm going to look into finding someone to apprentice myself to so that I can learn from a pro. I don't want to go pro myself, I just want to be able to take care of Siaga's feet and make sure no one gets hurt.
(Poor guy had one farrier, once, knock out both his front teeth at once.)

No comments:

Post a Comment