Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting back to UTD

Siaga is now up to date on his worming (Ivermectin for spring time) and his vaccines (a 5-way including Rhino) and is also back on Dumor weight booster.

His body condition is still lower than I would like, though it's not exactly terrible. I think the goal is for him to gain about 50 to 75 lbs, if not 100lbs.

I did the math the other day, about that one guy at Whitewater who said he fed 8 horses on 27 bales of hay all winter. Siaga is one horse and slightly under weight. Through December, January, and February, but not March, he went through 24 bales of hay.

How in the hell does a person justify giving that little to their animals, and then riding a 9 mile trail twice around in one day? I just don't get it. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Does 5-way cover west nile? If not be sure to get that one asap. It's going to be bad this year. I have two horses and I go through 365 bales of a hay a year. One bale per day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it did, but I will certainly look at TSC for a West Nile vac.

    ReplyDelete