Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Went for a riiide

I know I said I was gonna wait, but today was so beautiful and for the next couple of days, I'm working 10+ hours each day and/or bad weather predicted.

I brought him down and trotted him on lead on the road to see if he was ouchy at all. Nope, apparently not, and apparently, full of piss and vinegar.

So we saddled up and went on a ride and visited some old church friends down the road and theeeen... had a moment where I have never been more proud of that horse.

Walking home, a herd of Harley Davidson bikers popped up over the hill, and literally, honest to God literally scared the poop out of Siaga. They came up over the hill, Siaga tensed up and jumped a little. I lifted the left rein so that if he spooked he'd fly into the bean field and not into a biker, but he stood frozen still. After they passed, he lifted his tail and promptly left there a reminder of just what he thought about those bikes.

And then we went and stood on top of a hill and looked down in the valley and it was gloooorious. Wish I had brought my camera with me.

Also, I liked looking at Siaga's shadow on the ground, where I could see that he was walking along with relaxed head, droopy lip, tail relaxed. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment