Thursday, May 19, 2011

DAMMIT RAIN

Even though I've kept him inside quite a bit and kept his stall as dry and clean as possible, my horse has (it seems) developed a case of rain rot. Just a little scabby patch on his neck for the time being, and though I'm calling it rain rot, it doesn't really look like his last case, which was many years ago.

It almost looks like a strange, scabby, bubbly, blister. But, he's been in his stall and hasn't come into contact with anything that would sting him or burn him or any poisonous plants or anything. It's very small, the whole patch being nothing more than the diameter of my pinky finger... at the very tip of the finger, too. It's really small.

When I found it last night I was messing around with it, trying to figure out in the low light (at like 10 pm) what it was. I thought at first it was a tick or two there, but it didn't move like a tick would. It's also very sore, judging by the way he laid his ears back and tried to bite my thigh... to which I slapped him away and sent him off to the other side of the stall for.

Anyway, I bought more fly spray today (since I finally ran out) and also a small bottle of Original M-T-G to put on the spots. He also has funky bumps on the insides of his ears that I figured I could wipe a small amount of the mtg on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment