Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gone

Grandma is gone. She's been fighting for a long time. For a year and a half, she's battled lung, liver, brain, and, recently, possibly bone cancer. She's had strokes, and maybe a heart attack.

She left us this morning and we all were aware it was fast approaching. She left in her sleep, and the most beautiful morning, where mist rose over the lake and sun beams filtered through the trees and dew drops glistened everywhere. She left peacefully. She left quickly.

We're all of us sad, but we are all happy that she didn't suffer and that it wasn't slow and long and drawn out.

I was supposed to go to a meeting today at work, but I won't be. I won't be going to work, either. Siaga has extra hay in his stall, since I know I probably won't be around to feed him his lunch. I'm glad I got in a ride yesterday, but I'm wanting to ride again today.

Like that saying goes, the outside of a horse is good for the inside of man. Or woman. But in my case, all of Siaga is good for me. Grooming, working, mucking, medicating, spraying flyspray, three times daily trip up to the barn, and everything else. It's all good for me.

But anyways. She's gone away now, to be where she will be, her Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment