Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good to know

That I can ride for hours in my Wintec dressage saddle and my butt NOT get sore. I went riding again with the paso fino woman, Brenda, on her buckskin, Spirit. The boy is big and fat and my saddle fits him almost perfectly.

We went to Whitewater Memorial Park in Indiana and rode the 9 mile trail all the way around. There are LOTS of up and down hills and creeks and mud holes. But my behind is fine, though I think the horses were pretty tuckered out, though they still had the energy to run for the trailer when they spotted it and we had to keep them reined in.

Hoping to get Siaga there soon, but he needs a trim and his coggins test done before he can cross state lines.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know why I ride in my wintec and not my new fancy western when I trail ride. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd feel as safe in an english saddle over a western one, with there being no "OHMYGOD" handle, but since I've been getting my lessons, I've been improving my balance and don't need the OMG-handle as as much. lol.

    ReplyDelete